The Columbine Pin is a new award we’re rolling out in 2022!
Purpose and Goal
The purpose of the award is to promote member participation, encourage personal growth as a photographer and teacher, and reward simple acts of service that help our organization.
When is the Columbine Pin Awarded
The Columbine Pin will be earned and awarded annually at the PPC Holiday Party in December and given to all PPC members in good standing who have earned 15 or more points in our award scheme in any given year. The award rewards participation and runs separately from the Fellowship Award. Members can earn a Columbine Pin every year they participate. Points do not carry over.
Columbine Pin scorecards were mailed to members in late September with details about the scoring and recording system. If you did not receive it in the mail, please check that we have your current address. If you have lost it please download the Columbine Pin printable copy.
Recording Your Points
Members are responsible for recording their points throughout the year starting on December 1 and ending at an appointed date in November. Your completed scorecard must be RECEIVED by Saturday, November 19 at midnight.
Columbine Point Year
The Columbine Pin point year runs from December 1, 2021, starting with the Holiday Party through November 2022 ending with Conference attendance and entering the State Image Competition.
How many points do I need to earn a Columbine Pin?
The goal is to accumulate 15 points during the year. The PPC Board can award bonus points based on contributions. Please return your card regardless of the number of self-assessed points you have earned. The 2022 award winners will be notified prior to the Holiday Party. If you are unable to attend the party, your pin will be sent via mail.
Steps for card completion and submission
- Use a pen that won’t smudge on the card and fill in your scores in each line.
- Write your name clearly along the edge of the card (we forgot to include that important information).
- Add your self-assessed total at the bottom.
- Mail the physical completed card to:
11775 West 28th Place,
Lakewood, CO 80215
- Or scan the completed back side of your card and email it as an attachment to email@example.com
- If you have any questions or need help, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 303-808-5417. Please do not wait until the day before the return date!
Ways you can contribute
There are many ways you can contribute. Don’t wait to be asked. Reach out to a board member and make your interest known.
- Watch the newsletter for specific opportunities and current needs
- Serve on a committee. Running this organization requires help from all of our members.
- Promote member participation
- Attend monthly meetings
- Attend workshops
- Participate in the PPC Quarterly and State Print Competition
- Personal Growth as a Photographer and/or teacher
- Acts of service that help our events run smoothly
- Share, comment, and like our social media posts.
For our out-of-state members and members who live far from Denver, we understand that in-person participation at events may be challenging, but please know that we appreciate your being a member of this organization.
Alison Gibson On behalf of the PPC Affiliate Pin Committee