Chris Knight was born in Wiesbaden, Germany and hardened by the sweaty, nearly chewable, humidity of Florida. He combines his unconditional love of art history with his conditional love of technology, topping it off with a flair for the cinematic and an uncompromising eye for detail. His work has appeared in or on Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, L Officiel, GQ, People, MSNBC, ABC, Oxygen, Ocean Drive, and others.
Chris is the author of The Dramatic Portrait, a Profoto Legend of Light, Fujifilm Creator, and an instructor at Pratt Institute as well as the New York Film Academy.
Join PPC in welcoming Chris Knight for a 2 day event this March!
Without light, there is no photograph. As almost every photographer knows, the word “photograph” has its roots in two Greek words that, together, mean “drawing with light.” But what is less commonly understood is the role that shadow plays in creating striking, expressive imagery, especially in portraiture. It is through deft, nuanced use of both light and shadow that you can move beyond shooting simply ordinary, competent headshots into the realm of creating dramatic portraiture that can so powerfully convey a subject’s inner essence, communicate a personal narrative, and express your photographic vision.
The Dramatic Portrait: The Art of Crafting Light and Shadow, Chris Knight addresses portraiture with a unique approach to both light and shadow that allows you to improve and elevate your own portraiture. He begins with the history of portraiture, from the early work of Egyptians and Greeks to the sublime treatment of light and subject by artists such as Caravaggio, Rembrandt, and Vermeer. Chris then dives into a deep, demonstration of his exploration of light, shadow, and portraiture, offering numerous lessons and takeaways.
- March 9-10, 2024
- Embassy Suites Denver Central Park | 4444 N. Havana Street, Denver, CO 80239
- Tickets start at only $299 for members for the full weekend!
Two Ticket Levels:
- Starts at $299: Weekend Ticket
- Seminar and demonstration style events both Saturday and Sunday
- Space permitting, we may have room for laptops and classroom style learning.
- SOLD OUT, but you can join the waitlist.
Starts at $499: “The Shooting Experience” + Weekend Ticket
- Available for just 12 people to keep the groups small and intimate.
- ONE 90 minute small group shooting session with Chris and a professionally styled model.
- Shooting sessions will take place either before or after class, Saturday or Sunday as assigned by PPC.
- Tickets for “The Shooting Experience” are all inclusive and include both the hands on experience as well as the full weekend ticket.
PPGCS & PPA Members will continue to enjoy “member pricing” when public signup opens