“What’s My Score?”
These guys are both second-generation photographers, have both earned PPA Master and Craftsman Degrees, have been veteran PPA Jurors, have led many workshops and seminars, and are brothers in arms. Longtime stewards of the art of photography, they continue to offer their stellar talents and boundless knowledge of the craft, just for you.
Receiving critiques on your photographs is a valuable learning experience.
On each show, Rick, Jeff, and a special guest will offer constructive criticism and valuable insights that will help you see your work from a different perspective, help you identify areas that can be improved, and praise you for your talents. A critique can help you grow as a photographer and an artist, and help you develop your own unique style. It’s important to approach the critique process with an open mind and not take negative feedback personally. Critiques are not an insult to you or your art.
On the fourth Thursday of each month, (January – October), Rick, Jeff, and a guest will offer valuable information and help you with your images in a positive and constructive atmosphere. Join in monthly as Rick and Jeff share their knowledge, encouragement, and positive attitudes. You can probably count on some really bad jokes, too.
- 2-hour event on ‘The Image Critique Show
- One special guest each month
- 6p – Hello and Welcome – Quick overview – Rick & Jeff chat
- 6:10p – Introduce guest artist
- 6:15p – Introduce tonight’s theme – eg., One of the 12 elements of design, compositional element, presentation for competition, scoring, etc.
- 6:30p – Begin image critique
- 7:50p – Conclude critiques
- 7:55p – Say Good Night Irene!
Each broadcast will be recorded and loaded to the Internet (TBD) for you to replay. Those who have registered will receive an email with the link to the recording when it is available.
- There will not be video critiques available with this monthly concept. However, video critiques will be offered at the annual State Image Competition each November.
- The broadcast will be limited to the first 25 image entries.
- Maximum 2 entries per person at $10 per image, per broadcast.
- Upload images to PrintCompetition.com. (You’ll be able to enter your images about 2 weeks prior to the event.)
- Members are welcome and encouraged to enter every month.
Here are our broadcast dates for 2023. (Mark your calendars.)
- March 23, 6-8 pm
- April 27, 6-8 pm
- May 25, 6-8 pm
- June 22, 6-8 pm
- July 27, 6-8 pm
- August 24, 6-8 pm
- September 28, 6-8 pm
- October 26, 6-8 pm (This broadcast is 1 ½ weeks before the state conference. A great chance to polish up your images before the annual state image competition!)
You’ll receive an email with the Zoom like after you register. Don’t forget to upload your images to PrintCompetition.com