Kevin Dooley is an award-winning Wildlife and Wedding Photographer representing the winning Team USA in the World Photographic Cup 2017. He is also one of the Top 40 International Photographers of Africa Geographic. He grew up in Placitas, New Mexico and at the age of 18, he enlisted into the Navy and served on an aircraft carrier. After he completed his service, he returned to New Mexico and opened his own Photography Studio in Albuquerque which is still running 37 years later. His passion for Wildlife Photography and Africa, led him to his safari adventures and he eventually opened Idube Photo Safaris. Kevin is a certified FGASA (Field Guide Association of South Africa), Wildlife Guide and takes guests from all over the world on amazing photographic safaris in Africa, Alaska, Brazil, and India.
Thursday Meeting: Tribal Portraiture
- January 11th at 7:00 pm. Join us in person or on zoom with Kevin to venture into the world of Tribal Portraiture at our member meeting. Doors open at 6.30 pm for in-person attendees.
- New in 2024: No need to register in advance for the member meeting! The zoom link will be posted in our member only Facebook Group and via email 1-2 days in advance.
- Location: Meeting Room A | Koelbel Library, 5955 S. Holly St., Centennial, CO 80121.
- Non Members may visit our group up to two times before joining the group. If you’re new to PPC, come visit us for a meeting.
Saturday Workshop: Wildlife Portraiture
- Saturday, January 13, 2024
- Time:9.30 am – 5.30 pm
- Location: Meeting Room B | Koelbel Library, 5955 S. Holly St., Centennial, CO 80121.
- Members only $149 (PPC, PPA, PPGCS) | Non Members $199
- PPA Merit Program Approved
- Optional: Friday, January 12th, 5.30 pm- 9.00 pm. Take the opportunity to meet Kevin and fellow attendees outside of the classroom for drinks and dinner. Plus Ones warmly invited. Details will be emailed to those who register.
During the workshop you can expect to learn:
- How to pick the best safari for you.
- Equipment and packing advice.
- Responsible wildlife photography ethics and understanding animal behavior.
- What makes a great wildlife portrait and how technical considerations impact final image outcome.
- Why camera angle tells the story.
- Focus systems.
- Multi-fire vs. single shot.
- Post-processing – learn Kevin’s process and the techniques he uses.